Friday, October 28, 2016

Rant Ahead (politics)

Okay normally I don't say much about politics but right now I feel I need to. So I am going to rant on some touchy subjects so if you don't want to read just enjoy the picture of my unique curtain rod we bought at a second hand store and move on to one of my book reviews.







R
A
N
T

A
H
E
A
D



Also my thoughts are all over the place so don't expect a proper paragraph.

 I don't care who you vote for but vote.  I am sickened by this election and by the hints I am seeing from some so called Christian bloggers that maybe us woman should not vote.  Are you kidding me?  Women were physical, financial, emotional hurt fighting for our right to vote not quite 100 years ago (the 19th amendment was ratified in 1920).  Jesus brought woman up not tore them down. Why all of sudden the attitude of lets tear woman down and its not just secular society but Christians also.  I know of very few successful men that did not have a woman behind them supporting them and helping advise them.  I don't care what side of the political field you are on this has been one of the ugliest and nastiest elections I remember.  You know what bothers me the most is if this is how bad this presidential election is this year what will be like in 2020.   And its not just women's right to vote taking a turn backwards in attitude it is also race attitudes.  Both sides are showing racism in horrible levels.  People are starting to be more honest with their racism and its sad but truthful. Actually that might be a good thing as then we see how people really feel.  How many people who were closeted racists feel now they can be open about it.  Sometimes we forget it was only 50 some years ago that the civil rights movement happened some of those same adult racists that yelled or killed people during that time are still alive.  Even the children that participated and was raised in that are still alive and raising their children or even grandchildren with the same type of attitudes but teaching them to do it in secret or on the side with just hints of their true beliefs. White supremacy which is not about celebrating whiteness its about suppressing other people and putting themselves on top is making a big come back.  People wake up!!!! Especially Christians we need to remember Christ and how he brought woman up (first person to see Him after the resurrection was woman) and treated everyone as the equals we are.  He did not put any race above another (Galations 3:28) .   Also why is there so much fear right now in the Christian church?  God did not give us a spirit of fear (2 Timothy 1) but of power love and self control.  So what if America changes in ways you don't like persecution has brought the church to strength not easy life.  Look at the areas where the Church is truly persecuted its then when you see it really blossom. Persecution separates the wheat from the tares.   Seriously the persecution of the Romans is what spread the Gospel across the world.  Ok I am done for now I just had to get this off my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...