Well I decided to do a year in review for 2016 for my life. Please don't take this as a brag as my year has had its ups and downs just like any other. Just really wanted to point out the boring of this weirdo's life.
1. My oldest spread his wings and flew the coop (1200 miles away). He is doing very well even with the normal ups and downs of being an adult.
2. Lost a job but got another one and I am so much more relaxed now.
3. Financial more stretched but the Lord has provided.
4. Parents lost their home in a bad fire. But praise the Lord they and their landlord were ok.
5. Married for now over 16 years and still going strong.
6. Read over 125 books this year which was more than my goal (yes I read that many I am a speed reader)
7. Did not lose very much weight but I am stronger and have slimmed down some. (please don't tell me that muscle weighs more than fat as that is not true a pound is a pound just a pound of muscle takes up less space than a pound of fat. If you don't believe me then look it up for your self.)
8. Some of my medical issues have stabilized more this year than in years past.
9. Started to get to back into my art.
10. Youngest son is doing better with his homeschooling (still rough at times but that's normal even public or private school kids have tough times)
11. Turned 39 this year and looking forward to turning 40 next year. I don't hide my age as I believe age is just a number. Why do I say that I have met teens that act more like adults and have met older people that act more like toddlers. It is all in how you act.
12. Lord showed me to be who he made me not to be a cookie cutter of those around me just to fit in.
And best of all the Lord is still on His throne no matter what is happening in the world or in my life.
Friday, December 9, 2016
I was given this book from Net Galley for free and was not required to give a positive review.
Sunday, December 4, 2016
I was given this book from Moody Publishers for free and was not required to give a positive review.
"A Song Unheard" by Roseanna M. White is the second book in the Shadows Over England series which takes place just before World ...
"The Brave Art of Motherhood" by Rachel Marie Martin is a book with the authors stories of motherhood that are to encourage us t...
"Tora Fright Patches Things Up" by Tracey Madder is a children's book is about forgiveness. This was a cute little kids boo...
"The House on Foster Hill" by Jaime Jo Wright is Kaine Prescott who after 2 years with nobody believing her that her husband was...
"Getting The Gospel Right" by R.C. Sproul is about making sure we have the right gospel and not just going by what others have s...