Disappearing Church by Mark Sayers

"Disappearing Church" by Mark Sayers is about bringing the church from Cultural Relevance to Gospel Resilience.  Really the book is about how gnosticism has made a come back in the corporate churches in America.  It was an interesting book for the average non pastor reader.  However I think this book was more geared toward pastors or leaders in the church.  That aside I did like how the author did not hold back when he shared things that went against Biblical teachings in the Bible.  I think my favorite sections to read of this book was the chapter on stopping catering to public opinion.  Oh how I so wish people and churches would so do that and follow the Bible instead of public opinion  I do recommend this book but don't expect an easy read.

I was given this book from Moody Publishers for my honest review and was not required to give a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Reformed Theology by R.C. Sproul

Morgue By Dr. Vincent DiMaio & Ron Franscell

Catch A Star by Tamika Catchings