Monday, October 3, 2016

Disappearing Church by Mark Sayers

"Disappearing Church" by Mark Sayers is about bringing the church from Cultural Relevance to Gospel Resilience.  Really the book is about how gnosticism has made a come back in the corporate churches in America.  It was an interesting book for the average non pastor reader.  However I think this book was more geared toward pastors or leaders in the church.  That aside I did like how the author did not hold back when he shared things that went against Biblical teachings in the Bible.  I think my favorite sections to read of this book was the chapter on stopping catering to public opinion.  Oh how I so wish people and churches would so do that and follow the Bible instead of public opinion  I do recommend this book but don't expect an easy read.

I was given this book from Moody Publishers for my honest review and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...