Friday, January 29, 2016

The Lifegiving Home by Sally & Sarah Clarkson


"The Life Giving Home, Creating A Place of Belonging & Becoming" by Sally & Sarah Clarkson is about creating a peaceful faith where you give rest and encourage faith in Christ in your home.  I will admit I went into with this book very skeptical thinking its the typical Christian women's book on how your home has to look exactly like the authors or you should question you faith type attitude.  But this book was not, in the first section the authors talk about why need we a home environment no matter where it is.  Then in the second section they go into different topics (for example February the culture of love) and how they had that topic in their home.  I liked how the authors kept reminding us that each of our homes will be different and that God did not make us with the same tastes and issues in our homes.  This book was very encouraging to me as my home environment can be different from a lot of Christian women's homes that I know.  It was nice to have an encouraging book that reminded us to obey and follow Christ's leading in our life and not compare or to live like other around us.  I highly recommend this book as I was very blessed by it.

I was given this book from Tyndale Publishers for my honest review and was not required to give positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...