Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Lights Out by Ted Koppel


"Lights Out" by Ted Koppel, yes the news reporter Ted Koppel, about how our nation is under prepared for a cyber-attack especially on our electric power grids.  Ok I understand our nation and the people are not prepared for a disaster from a cyber-attack but could the author make the book a lot less boring.  Yes it was very informative even though most of the information in the book I could find the Internet easily but it was so dry.  I did really enjoy how the author really pointed out we need to be prepared for any type of disaster. Also I did like how the author talks about how some companies or people prey are peoples fear on to make money on preparedness kits.  For example he pointed out one bug out kit for sale that sold glow sticks in the kit where a flashlight would be better than glow sticks.  So I appreciated how he did gloss over items or not admit that there are scammers out there taking advantage of our fears. He also talks about how we can survive after an attack.  This book was not just a sky is falling Chicken Little type book it is also written to help us.  Also there is a lot brought up about that we just can't just rely on the Government but we have to be prepared ourselves as it might be awhile before or if the government can help us. So overall it was a good book.  In other words I do recommend this book as it was informative but was very dry.


I was given this book from Blogging for Books my honest review and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...