Thursday, October 13, 2016

Counterfeit Comforts by Robia Scott

"Counterfeit Comforts" by Robia Scott is about getting your focus off of things that soothe your soul and put your focus back onto Jesus.  This was a very interesting book it was a blessing that a self help book wasn't trying to sell you on the latest technique.  However it did start to hint at one area that really bugs me which is the area of being positive all the time.  I will be positive but not always and that is a good thing.  Sometimes being negative is a good thing for our spiritual health and its truthfully.  If that bugs you then you need to review your scriptures as Jesus, Paul and many other were not always positive.  So please don't tell me I have to speak positive as that is not biblical truth.  With that exception it was not a bad book but not one I will keep or reference.

I was given this book from Chosen a division of Baker Publishing Group for my honest review and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...