Monday, October 24, 2016

Shaken by Tim Tebow

"Shaken" by Tim Tebow is about him finding keeping his identity in Christ no matter how his life was changed in ways he was not expecting.  First off I want to say I am not a football fan or a fan of celebrity type attitude people have when it comes to "famous" Christians.  With that in mind I will go on with my review.  I was impressed by this book as truthfully I was expecting more about his life in Football than his actually faith but that is not what we get.  What get with this book is how he has put his faith to work when things did not go they way he wanted them to.  I think my favorite section in the whole book was when he asks the question "What Is Normal?".  I really enjoyed how pointed out how normal is standard and when we strive to be like everyone else we are not being the special unique person God has made us.  Also he pointed out that normal is being the status quo. Why did I really enjoy this section because Christians even have status quo or in thing's that they follow as the norm and we should strive to follow Christ not the latest fad. I also enjoyed how talks about focus on Christ even with negativity surrounds you.  He does not portray himself as the perfect Christian he admits that he does fail at times but does not let those failures bring him down.  I really did enjoy this book and I highly recommend it as very uplifting helpful book.

I was given this book this book from WaterBrook Multnomah for free and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...