Saturday, August 1, 2015

Let's Pretend We're Normal by Tricia Lott Williford

"Let's Pretend We're Normal" by Tricia Lott Williford is a powerful memoir on her life after the unexpected death of her husband.  I was very impressed by how honest the author was with her feelings and what happened in her life after her husband's death.  This book is very helpful to see how a young widow with two children feels and the issues that can come up from being a young widow. This would be a very comforting book for any young widow especially one with children to know that they are not alone.  I am not a young widow but it helped me to understand the feelings that a woman in that situation could be feeling. I wanted to cry for her boys and how much she share of even their feelings of going with life after their dad died.  It was very powerful when she said one of her boys wanted her to have a new husband so she would stop crying.  This was a very powerful book and I highly recommend it.

I was given this book from Blogging for Books and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...