Wednesday, August 26, 2015

The First Family Detail by Ronald Kessler

"The First Family Detail" by Ronald Kessler is stories from the secret service on behind the scenes of their protecting the first families.  I will warn you right from the start this book gets graphic which is why I am calling it a toss up book.   I did very much enjoyed to variety of stories of different presidents, vice-presidents, and their families from Johnson all the way to the Obama's.  However the sexual details of one president and I am not talking Clinton but Lyndon B. Johnson was tabloid level gross.   Some of Clinton's information was that level but not as bad as Johnson.  That portion is the part that I did not enjoy at all.  I will admit at first I was wondering if this was going to be one sided on the political party side well it was slightly.  But the author did equally talk bad about democrat or republican families equally.  Now with presidents on the other hand he did lean more positive on the republican party side.  I am neither a republican or a democrat so I would had preferred a little less noticeable one-sided attitude with some of the presidents.  A good part of this book was good and interesting information on behind the scenes with the secret service but the other part was just tabloid fodder type information.  So I cannot recommend or not recommend this book as for me like I said before it was a toss up part good part tabloid.

I was given this book from blogging for books for my honest review and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...