Monday, August 3, 2015

Hope Harbor by Irene Hannon

"Hope Harbor" by Irene Hannon is about Michael Hunter and Tracy Campbell both hurting from loss but learning about each other in Hope Harbor on the Oregon Coast.  Yes I know I am not known for picking a book that is an obvious romance based story but any story dealing with the Oregon Coast calls to me.  I am familiar with the area the author made her fake town in but the towns around it that she mentions around it are real.  The author really captured the area and some of the peoples attitudes.  The story was really good also.  Yes it was romance but not the over extreme love dovey type I hate.  There were a couple side stories in the book that were very good.  To me the main point of the book was not romance but forgiveness of others and of your own decisions that may have affected others.  One other thing I really did appreciate the author bring about the Oregon Coast was the affliction called S.A.D. (Seasonal Affective Disorder) which is very real and in that area it can be very overcast or rainy most of the year but still a beautiful area.  This is rarely talked about and I was glad an author brought it up in this novel.  Do visit it if you every get a chance.  This was a very good book and I do recommend it.

I was given this book from Revell a division of Baker Publishing Group for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...