Wednesday, August 26, 2015

People Idol rant

A possible toe stepping or sacred cow killing post.   Please enjoy my spacer photo of the I Love Lucy puzzle my family was working on until we discovered the table we were using was too small for it.















Still here well you can't say you were not warned.


I normally don't put posts about things that are in the news but a couple lately have been driving me nuts. 
 First why as Christian are we surprised when someone who has put themselves out in public as the perfect Christian person/family has cracks and sin in them.  Yes I am referring to the Duggar controversy. No family is perfect every family will have cracks in them not a one is perfect.  I used to watch them but a couple years ago I got really tired of you must be like us attitude and that our way is the perfect example for Christian families.  Well I am sorry I look to the scriptures for examples and not a one family we read in scripture was perfect (not even Jesus's family lineage remember Rahab was a prostitute and she is in his lineage). We need to stop putting people or families on a pedestal on how we should live and look to Christ not man as man will fail us  I will be praying for that family like I would for any of the families that will be touched by the particular website's hack (no I will not give anymore credence to a filthy sinful website that has been used by people to sin against God and their spouses). 

Second politics yes the other item that can be part of Christian society idols.  You know what I am a conservative but not a republican (I am an independent).  I get so sick of the attitude if you are a Christian conservative you must be a Republican and vote for anyone who says they are a Christian.  Baloney I will vote my conscience not by party line.  Also I will not vote for a certain people just cause they say they are a Christian. Not everyone who says they are a Christian is one.   I mean really even the demons know who God is (James 2:19 "You believe that God is one; you do well.  Even the demons believe - and shudder!"),  Also  remember what Jesus said in Matthew 7:21-23 " Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’.  We are supposed to check what people say to the word of God.  So don't tell me who as a Christian I should vote for or what party I should vote for.

So what is my point?  My point is we need to stop grabbing for straws when we hear oh so and so is a Christian. So what, we need to put our eyes and focus on Christ not people that might be just saying they are a Christian to get votes or some other type of power. Stop with the making idols out of people and then get upset when our "heroes" are sinful people.  Paul in the scriptures even called himself the chief of sinners (I Timothy 1:15 "This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief.") But also remember this verse I John 1:9-10 " If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and his word is not in us."

Thank you had to get this rant of my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...