Saturday, May 7, 2016

Morgue By Dr. Vincent DiMaio & Ron Franscell


"Morgue, A Life In Death" by Dr. Vincent DiMaio & Ron Franscell is book about being a forensic pathologist and the details in cases that a normal person may miss.  The authors bring up still famous deaths we know about today and others that are not so well known.  This book is not for people with a weak stomach as it is very graphic on the details found during an autopsy.  I will admit that does not bother me as I am always intrigued by how a mortician or forensic pathologists can figure out how someone died by an autopsy.  It is a field of study that I am always eager to learn more about.  This book did not disappoint in my thirst for unique knowledge.  I think one of the sections that I liked the most was his chapter on when they dug up Lee Harvey Oswald's body to verify it was him that was dead in the grave.  Also another section I really liked was the authors thoughts on Van Gogh's death of suicide as I am fan of Van Gogh's art.  If you are intrigued by this type of work and don't mind the graphic nature of it then I highly recommend this book.

I was given this book from Net Galley for my honest review and was not required to give a positive review.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds really good. Have you read Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers? Excellent and fascinating stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet that one is on my list to read one day. You should check out one of my favorite you-tubers Ask A Mortician she has a very unique outlook on death.

      Delete
    2. Sounds intriguing! Let me know if you ever want to borrow Stiff. It's a fun read. I looked this title up and it's not available yet. If your copy is up for borrow or purchase, let me know. I'd love to read it!

      Delete

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...