Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Annabel Lee by Mike Nappa


"Annabel Lee" by Mike Nappa is about a young girl named Annabel Lee and how her protector/Uncle takes to an underground bunker with instructions to not let anyone in unless they know the code.   While miles away a private investigator gets a mysterious visit from an old man looking someone that is connected to her ex-husband Samuel Hill. But to find out how both things are connected you will have to read this book if I say much more I will give too much of the book away. I will say that the cover made me think this book was going to be thriller or even horror type book but I was wrong (yep remember don't judge a book by its cover).  It did have portion of thriller type writing to it but to me it was more of a mystery with some darker undertones.  Be warned some sections with Annabel Lee's protection dog can be a little graphic.  This was a well written mystery that had a very good and interesting story with twists you sometimes are not expecting.  I highly recommend this book.

I was given this book from Revell a division of Baker Publishing Group for my honest review and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...