Thursday, October 30, 2014

"50 Women Every Christian Should Know" by Michelle DeRusha


"50 Women Every Christian Should Know by Michelle DeRusha is about learning from heroines of the faith.  I was excited when I first heard of this book but when I started reading it, I lost all excitement with the first women I learned about.  The first women was Hildegard of Bingen a Catholic Mystic who said God spoke to her and told her to write everything down to share with others. I have seen her writings as considered as visionary theology in my opinion that is not right, if its a vision of God then it should have been added to the scriptures.  The author also brings up another a Roman Catholic mystic Teresa of Avila who was another woman who said she had visions.  Yes there are some great women of faith in this book like Corie Ten Boom, Fanny Crosby, and Katharina Luther (which this one is interesting to me as the author put a lot of devout Roman Catholics in this book and then here is a woman who supported her husband in the Reformation) but that does not help this book for me.  I don't like the idea of having to spit out bones to get to the meat.  So this book goes on my no way list it had potential but flopped in my opinion.

I was given this book by BakerBooks publishing and was not required to give an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...