Thursday, October 16, 2014

Stolen by Katarina Rosenblatt A must read!


"Stolen" by Katarina Rosenblatt is the author's story about recovering not only from being a victim of  sex-trafficking but also from an abusive past and marriage.  This has to be the most powerful book I have read all year.  I highly recommend this book to everyone out there.  The author explains how she was in the sex-trafficking world (one time almost at the age of 13 but she was rescued by remembering God would never leave her or forsake her).   This book is very intense and not just in details but in understanding the feelings of the author and even the story stories she puts at the end of other girls/women in the industry. She also talk about how we need to share Christ's love to all kinds of women no matter if they are strippers or any other women that society considers untouchable.  I think what part really impacted me the most was when near the end of the book which she explains some of the methods used today by these people to get young girls and boys into the sex industry.  I will quote the section that hit me the most right now "Through many methods, kids are seduced into trafficking.  It often begins with posing for pictures or videos.". She goes on for a little bit and then this section really hit me "By posting compromising photos online, children are letting traffickers know that they are easy targets for recruitment into false modeling scams, abusive boyfriends, or false-friend scenarios."  This really hit me as I have seen on Facebook (which she does mention being used by traffickers) many young girls and even boys posing in pictures in ways that are not appropriate but people think are cute and ok but in reality its setting up the child to be targeted. Also she brought up the point that many people think it only happens in big cities (I have heard that one a lot) but its not true it happens everywhere even in small areas such as the one I live in.  This book is very powerful and is such a serious topic it cannot be ignored or swept under the rug.  We need to wake up to whats happening around us.  This also made me think about how many of these girls especially the minors are taken to abortion clinics by their pimps and nobody says a thing.  Both industries breed off of each other and its sad.  Please read this book and I am very glad I requested it.

I was given this book by Revell a division of Baker Publishing Group for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...