Thursday, October 2, 2014

"Steel Will: My Journey Through Hell to Become the Man I Was Meant to Be" by Shilo Harris



"Steel Will: My Journey Through Hell to Become the Man I Was Meant to be" is about the life of retired soldier Shilo Harris.  As you can tell by the cover Mr. Harris was severely injured by an IED (improvised explosive device) in the Middle East.  First off I really appreciate that at the beginning of the book our author gives a run down of  what the military terms he uses mean.  Also I am very thankful that Mr. Harris  does not hold anything back about what our men and women go through in war.  This book is not for the faint of heart as he talks about his rough children, young adults years and goes into detail of horrific things our soldiers have seen in the middle east. Also details on sufferers of PTSD which he description has really helped me to understand more on what our soldiers are going through.  Yes, I will never completely understand but now I can be more caring with knowledge.  I highly recommend this book for anyone to read.

I was given this book by Baker Publishing and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...