"Thunder" by Bonnie Calhoun



"Thunder" by Bonnie Calhoun is a "Christian" dystopian novel.  It is about Selah and Bodhi (a Lander don't ask me what a lander is I am still confused by it) and their romance/fight for life. It starts with Selah as trying to be a hunter of Lander's but finds herself getting into more trouble than she thought when she ended up helping Bodhi.  For most of the book I could not get into it and then about half way through it the book finally picked up for me.  I still did not like it and I just don't know why it was just one of those books that I did not enjoy.  Maybe for me is there were things in it that just struck me as odd or out of place for a Christian novel like noticing peoples aura's or the ability to read minds.  To me there were just a lot of little side stories that needed some explanation that I just was not getting.  Also the main point of this book to me seemed be a romance between Selah and Bodhi which is not why I picked this book.  Oh well depending the person feeling on this type of genre I would say it could or could be a good read.  I know very flighty on thoughts on this book I just could not get into and I usually like dystopian type novels.  

I was given this book by Revell a division of Baker Publishing Group for my honest review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Reformed Theology by R.C. Sproul

Treasures in Dark Places by Leanna Cinquanta

The Ebb Tide by Beverly Lewis