Wednesday, October 15, 2014

"Thunder" by Bonnie Calhoun



"Thunder" by Bonnie Calhoun is a "Christian" dystopian novel.  It is about Selah and Bodhi (a Lander don't ask me what a lander is I am still confused by it) and their romance/fight for life. It starts with Selah as trying to be a hunter of Lander's but finds herself getting into more trouble than she thought when she ended up helping Bodhi.  For most of the book I could not get into it and then about half way through it the book finally picked up for me.  I still did not like it and I just don't know why it was just one of those books that I did not enjoy.  Maybe for me is there were things in it that just struck me as odd or out of place for a Christian novel like noticing peoples aura's or the ability to read minds.  To me there were just a lot of little side stories that needed some explanation that I just was not getting.  Also the main point of this book to me seemed be a romance between Selah and Bodhi which is not why I picked this book.  Oh well depending the person feeling on this type of genre I would say it could or could be a good read.  I know very flighty on thoughts on this book I just could not get into and I usually like dystopian type novels.  

I was given this book by Revell a division of Baker Publishing Group for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...