Wednesday, October 29, 2014

"Keepers of The Covenant" by Lynn Austin


"Keepers of the Covenat" by Lynn Austin is the 2nd book in her Restoration Chronicles series which takes the stories from Ezra and Nehemiah to life.  I like how Lynn Austin takes the stories from the bible and does not make them such the main part of the story that its like she is adding to the scriptures.  In this one one of the main characters is the Prophet Ezra but its not just about him but also about also other Jewish people and even gentiles during the time which also happens at the same time of the story of Esther.  I will admit at first I thought oh another book that the author tries to add more to the story of Esther but this did not do that.  I really like the side story of Amina a gentile child/women since this book takes place over many years.  In a way I wish her story was its own book.  I was very impressed on the use of stories from scripture without making me feel like the author was adding to the scriptures.  So many do that in this type of Christian literature.  There were multiple stories in the book but they all flowed very well together.  I can't wait for the third book in this series.  I highly recommend it.

I was given this book by Bethany House publishing and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...