Saturday, September 30, 2017

All She Left Behind by Jane Kirkpatrick

"All She Left Behind" by Jane Kirkpatrick is a fictional novel based on the real woman Jennie Pickett from Oregon in the 1870's.  Just like previous Jane Kirkpatrick's novels this one takes a real person and what information we know about the person and adds a logical but still fictional story about the person's life.  This story is so interesting and sad to read.  The novel has spousal abuse, unlikely love, dreams coming true, heartbreak of a child and women doing things that were not the normal in that day and age.  The main part of the story I really enjoyed was that God's path for our lives is not always the path we would choose but it can be such a blessing even though it is hard.  I just don't want to give away too much of the story especially if you don't know who Jennie Pickett is.  I highly recommend this books.

I was given the book from Revell a division of Baker Publishing Group for free and not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...