Friday, September 29, 2017

These Healing Hills by Ann H. Gabhart

"The Healing Hills" by Ann H. Gabhart is about Francine Howard who when she finds out her boyfriend is coming home from the war (World War 2) with a English girlfriend decides to become a mountain nurse in the Appalachians.  As typical with Christian fiction novels it is also a romance book.  However the romance was a good part of the story but not sickening that I could not stand it.  It was an interesting story that also dealt with how people see and treat people from the backwoods of the Appalachians. I really enjoyed Francine's character as she not only did not believe the stereotypes of the locals but she broke the stereotype of the type of person the locals thought she was.  It was a good book on not judging others on where they come from.  It was an interesting story that I did enjoy so I do recommend it.

I was given this book from Revell a division of Baker Publishing for free and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...