Wednesday, September 20, 2017

More Than Just Making It by Erin Odom

"More Than Just Making It" by Erin Odom is a very good memoir and about your finances when you are at the end of your rope.  This book was so powerful and good especially being honest and up front on how the church treats the poor.  The author does a really good job on explaining on how if we really need the help from the government we shouldn't be embarrassed or treat others bad for it.  I really also enjoyed how the author explains that churches in America today are not very good at helping or treating the poor with respect.  One of her examples was a great one which was instead of having a bible study to help our poor members at a coffee shop (most never go because they can't afford it) have one at a Laundromat.   I really understood what the author was trying to explain on how can treat the poor better in our churches.  I also completely understood her feelings of inadequacy at church as my family has been at the extreme poverty levels before and we noticed people did not know how treat us when they found out our income levels.  This was a very powerful book and I highly recommend it.

I was given this book from Net Galley for free and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...