Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Dream With Me by John M. Perkins

"Dream With Me" by John M. Perkins is a book not only about race relations but also a memoir of the authors life.  I wanted to read this book as Christians seem to think that race struggles have gone away in America when they have not.  Seriously churches as a whole in this nation are still segregated by race in a lot of areas.  It is a serious problem we need to confront and face with the truth. Mr. Perkins writes such a powerful book and will make you think on people that have been oppressed.  One of my favorite quotes is " People often say they need to be a voice for the voiceless, which sounds good but often ends up becoming imperialistic and patronizing.  The oppressed already have a voice; the problem is that no one is listening."  We need to start listening and this book can help us do that.  We need as believers to open our eyes to the world outside of our little areas and see what Christ is calling us to do there.  It might be just prayer but it also might be on the front lines of the struggles of others in the world.  Oh the quotes I could add into this review I would almost be copying the book.  It is that powerful so if you can't tell I highly recommend this book.

I was given this book from BakerBooks a division of Baker Publishing Group for free and was not required to give a review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...