Thursday, May 11, 2017

The Ebb Tide by Beverly Lewis

"The Ebb Tide" by Beverly Lewis is about Sallie Riehl who as a young Amish woman has heart to travel well when her big plans change she becomes a nanny for a non-Amish family for the summer away from her home.   This was not your stereotypical Amish story yes it did have the normal romance but the story was more about Sallie discovering what she believes and wants in life.    This was a sweet story with some of the typical things you see in Amish fiction but not everything.  One thing that was nice to read was that we did not have the typical someone was being shunned this book had more of a family supportive attitude than the shunning attitude of some.  I really liked the story of Sallie finding how she fits in this world and not just going with the flow.  I highly recommend this book it is one of Beverly Lewis's best books.

I was given this book from Bethany House for free and was not required to give a review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...