Tuesday, May 23, 2017

The Con Man's Daughter by Candice Curry

"The Con Man's Daughter" by Candice Curry is the memoir of the author's childhood as she dealt with the chaos her dad left in his wake as a con man.  This was an interesting book of how even thru her struggles as a child and as a young adult God was faithful to bring her to Him.  It was interesting plus sad to read how hard her mom worked but how her dad used material things to say he was a better parent.  Sadly parents still do that to this day.  This author was not a delusional woman who thought her dad was a con artist he really was and after his death she learned more on who wanted to know what he knew it was intriguing.  Also this book deals with how suicide affects the people that are left behind.  If you like powerful memoirs then I highly recommend this book.

I was given this book from BakerBooks for free and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...