Saturday, May 13, 2017

The Maggie Bright by Tracy Groot

"The Maggie Bright" by Tracy Groot is about a young woman named Clare Childs inherits a boat named the Maggie Bright and across the channel an British Army is hoping to seek refuge in a harbor named Dunkirk.  This was a slow book that almost read like two different stories that really never combined except the area of Dunkirk is what was in common between the two stories.  I was very disappointed in this book as I hold Christian authors and publishers to a higher standard language wise as the world will be the world but Christians are to be different.  This book used a word that in England is considered a cuss word.   If a Christian author would not use the cuss words of America then don't use other countries cuss words.  Also the story was just all over the place and I could not get into it all.  So because of the language and the story was not good I can not recommend this book from a Christian author.

I was given this book from Tyndale Publishers for free and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...