Thursday, November 10, 2016

Feast For Thieves by Marcus Brotherton

"Feast For Thieves" by Marcus Brotherton is about World War II veteran Rowdy Slater who after the war decides to rob a bank but after his confession to a sheriff the sheriff gives him the option go to jail or preach.  This book had some interesting plots and points to it.  It does hint at some horrible things that were done to kids even back in the late 40's.  But the main point of this story just does not make sense to me which is the Rowdy must choose between going to jail or preach.  How in the world did a man decide well this possible criminal who doesn't even say he is a believer would be good preacher. Also was not really into reading a man describe the shape of a woman's body beneath her clothes.  Other than that the story was interesting, well paced and had interesting characters but overall I just was not a fan of it.  It is a toss up book for me to recommend in one way I say no but then at times I would yes.

I was given this book from Moody Publishers for free and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...