Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Shadow of the Storm by Connilyn Cossette

"Shadow of the Storm" by Connilyn Cossette is the second book in the Out From Egypt series.    This book is about Shira who with other Hebrews have escaped Egypt with Moses.  As they are at the base of Mount Sinai she finds herself chooses a life as a midwife which will her problems emotionally and physically.  This is another series of books that I have read that did not need to be read in order as I did not even realize that this was a series of books.  I was very impressed by the detail in this book as it made me think I was right there with Shira.  Now I will admit normally I am not quite a big fan of books taking place in Biblical stories but this one was nice.  As it took place during the Exodus but that was mainly the location and the back story not the main part of the story.  The main part of the story was Shira (who is not in the Bible), her family and others around her.  Parts of the story are hard to read because of what happens (I will not give away) but I still really enjoyed this book.  Once I picked it up I could not put it down so I highly recommend it.

I was given this book from Bethany House for free and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...