Tuesday, November 22, 2016

All The Pretty Things by Edie Wadsworth

"All Pretty Things" by Edie Wadsworth is the memoir of the author's life in extreme poverty with an alcoholic father and how no matter what happened in her life she seen God's hand in it.  Wow the things the author went thru and had seen in her childhood I all can say is wow.  Now don't get me wrong its not like I have not seen kids go thru things similar to her (I seen it with neighbors and friends), but what got me was that she did not do what most do which is stay in it she worked her way out of the attitude she grew up around.  She became a Christian as teen but as you should know that did not make her life any easier yes she did end up becoming a doctor but not without sacrifice.  She did well in society's standards but as she got closer to God she knew need healing and rest that only he could provide.  This was a wonderful and sad story but it shows that we don't have to stay where we came from especially if its a very toxic life as in the authors past.  I highly recommend this book as it is a great reminder that our past is not always our future.

I was given this from Tyndale Publishers for free and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...