Wednesday, November 9, 2016

The Missing Matisse by Pierre H. Matisse

"The Missing Matisse" by Pierre H. Matisse is the memoir of the author life in France before, during, and after World War II.  This is not just a memoir of the war but of Art also as the artist/author is the grandson of the famous artist Henri Matisse which makes the author life even more interesting.  I have read a lot of different memoir's on World War II but this one was different.  It gave details that I had never heard of which is what happened when Germany first invaded France.  The details and information the author gives is are so powerful and sad.  The war not only brought him to struggles with what was happening in his country but also on the personal level.  This memoir was very powerful and I really liked how the author did not hold anything back.  What a life he has had.   I highly recommend this book.

I was given this book from Tyndale Publishers for free and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...