Friday, May 1, 2015

The Pharaoh's Daughter by Mesu Andrews


"The Pharaoh's Daughter" by Mesu Andrews is a historical fiction novel from that goes from story of the Egyptian princess that saved Moses in the book of Exodus.  This the first time I have ever seen a fictional book that takes the stand point of Pharaoh's daughter in the Exodus story.  Most books take Moses's side or his Hebrew family's side so this excited me to read from the princess's view point.  When I first started reading this book it did slow me down for a little bit with all the Egyptian names and keeping them straight once I got them down I was off and running on my reading.  One warning on this book though it is graphic when it comes to the violence that was happening in that time but it was not wrote in a way that makes it seem like it was just added for our entertainment.  We sometimes forget that this story time frame in the Bible was not a light violence time frame.  I am glad the author did not hide the historical fact that this time frame in history was not peaches and cream.   I loved how she uses historically record combined with scriptures.  The research the author did was amazing.  I also learned something new from scripture that I never noticed before thanks to this book and that is in I Chronicles 4:17-18 how a daughter of Pharaoh was married to Hebrew man. This is one of the best historically fiction books I have ever read.  I plan on reading more from this author as she researches her stories.  If you can't tell I highly recommend this book.

I was given this book from Blogging For Books and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...