Friday, May 29, 2015

Controversial Topic - Family Size

Just a quick thought of mine on family size.  Yep I am going to talk about the thought of letting God decide your family size.  Most people think if you let God decide your family size you will end up with over a dozen children or more.  Wrong, I am a prime example that is not true.  I have two boys with a 8 year difference between them both and then one child in heaven that I lost to a miscarriage when the youngest was about 1 and 1/2 years old.  We have let God decide our family size and he closed my womb when I was about 29 or 30 not long after the miscarriage.  Would I like to have more children yes I would but that is not in God's will for us.  I get really irritated when other Christian's that have let God decide give me the attitude oh you chose to only have two children here on earth you did not leave it to God.  Nope we left in God's hands.  Just because I don't have a large family doesn't mean that God is not in control.  Sometimes it seems like people don't remember that even in scripture not everyone had large families.  Seriously I don't remember reading that John the Baptist was the oldest of a large family (since Elizabeth was advanced in age I figured he was their only).   I understand that large families get looked down upon in Christian and Secular society. But small families have a tendency to get looked down upon by some in the Christian community but not so much in the secular society.  Its one of those things that not everyone is going to have a large family.  Also I mean seriously if God wanted to you to have children nothing can stop him neither birth control or even money if you are meant to adopt.  Also we should not look down on those that can't have any children.  I am thankfully I had my children young (I was barely 19 and almost 27 when I gave birth to my two sons) if I had waited until my 30's I would not have them.   Also there is nothing wrong with being single and not having children.  I just want Christians to look at couples or people with no children, a few children or lots of children the same way which is God has blessed them in His own way.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...