Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Mentoring Rant

  Rant warning!  If you don't want to maybe be offended then please go find pictures of puppies or kittens or bats (ok bats are cute to me)
.
:)
:)
Here is even a space photo of my latest Goodwill rotation shoes.  Yes I know so 90's but I love them.


More Space
.
.
Picture of another Goodwill find except the buttons I added them.

.
.
Still here then if you get offended your problem not mine as I warned you.

I get so tired of hearing oh it is a good thing to be mentored or to mentor someone specifically in the Christian arena.  You know what it would nice if I knew how that felt.  Yes I was mentored as a teen but that was for a very short time by a former black panther party member (long story and yes I know odd since I am a pale white girl).  But as a Christian Woman I have never been mentored by another Christian woman or even mentored another woman. Yes I have tried to be mentored but since I am more of an introvert I get ignored easily. I have tried to mentor other women but most run from me as I am not your typical Christian woman I mean see some of my previous pictures that might give you some idea why and that is not including some of my views on topics that are not black and white in scripture.  So you know what I do I get mentored by books or podcasts of solid Christian women, like Elizabeth George, the ladies at Naomi's Table podcast, Equipping Eve on No Compromise Radio or you-tuber Alana L.  But sometimes I just want someone local that I can talk to.  I am not normal if I try to act like everyone around me then thats not me and I have to be how God created me.  Even if its the bat loving odd person I am.  Yes I know this post sounds angry but I am not angry just annoyed (yes there is a difference).  Yes I have put myself out there but usually I just get shot down. So I do the most important thing which is to cling to Christ.   But scripture talks about us being mentored and mentoring others it would just be nice for that to happen to us "weirdos".  Yes it may seem like I have given up on the mentoring thing maybe I have but I know I am not the only one who feels this way.
Rant Over

PS To my real life friends I still care for you, I just needed to vent and make people think.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...