Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Treasures in Dark Places by Leanna Cinquanta

"Treasures in Dark Places" by Leanna Cinquanta is about a woman and her mission to some of the roughest parts of India.  I chose this book to review as I thought it would be about her missionary work in India as that is how it is portrayed to be about.  But I was wrong it is mainly and I mean 90% her testimony and not about her missionary work.  There is a little bit at the end about her work of getting girls out of the sex trafficking but that was it.  Before I get into my next point that really bothers me I want to preface by saying yes I know if a book is going into certain countries they cannot name Jesus otherwise the book will be banned.  But you can make versions for those countries.  I was very annoyed that the author constantly kept referring to God and Jesus as the mystery or my beloved.  I have problem with author's writing books about their supposed faith in Christ to American readers and they won't name our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  It felt like she could name Jesus in her book it really was odd and I just did not understand.  So much of this book was wrote without using our Savior's name that it made Him seem like a generic God of any belief.  I just can't recommend this book as it really bothered me that much.

I was given this book from Chosen a division of Baker Publishing Group for free and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...