Saturday, April 1, 2017

The Final Trade by Joe Hart

"The Final Trade" by Joe Hart is the second book of the Dominion Trilogy a dystopian style novel about a young woman named Zoey learning to live on the run outside of the compound that she was kept all her life in a society where woman are rare.  The first one of the series reminded me of a different take on the book "The Handmaid's Tale" which I enjoyed but I really liked this series better.   Now this one we get away from the compound where Zoey was raised and see what happens to her on the outside the main side story is that of the "circus". Which is more of a slave trade with fights for the prizes which are women.   Also we learn more of the side stories of the people who are helping Zoey keep safe and heal physically and mentally. Now this book had a lot of things that reminded me of Mad Max: Beyond Thunder Dome.  But at the same time it was unique in it's own way.  Without giving any away as I have read all three books in the series I will say the more this author writes the better they get.  Each book is developed even better than the last one.  I highly recommend this book especially if you are into the dystopian styles of books.

I was given this book from NetGalley for free and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...