Thursday, March 2, 2017

Raging Storm by Vannetta Chapman


"Raging Storm" Vannetta Chapman is the second in The Remnant series of books involving what happened to a community when a massive solar flare takes out technology around the globe.  In this book Shelby Sparks is on the search to get medicine for her son who is a type 1 diabetic and must have his insulin.  This was a well paced book but bits of it was like I was reading a book taken from parts of the movie "Escape From LA".  Yes I know a not a very good movie but it reminded me of it to the point that at times I was waiting for Snake Plisskin to wander out into the book.  Don't get me wrong it was a well written book dealing with societies break downs and a mother's love for her son.  But some points I just felt like I had read parts of the story before.  Even with that I will recommend this book as it was a good book.

I was given this book from Net Galley for free and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...