Monday, June 20, 2016

Better Together by Jill Savage


"Better Together" by Jill Savage and Anne McClane is a book about making mom friends and keeping them. This book was a toss up for me as it was encouraging for those with mom friends and would discouraging for those you can't seem to make mom friends no matter what you do.  Why do I say both as a woman with an a very close friend that lives out of state I could see if we lived closer this book could be very encouraging.  But for someone who has tried to make close friends in the Christian mom circle to no avail this book at times made me feel like I was missing something even though I know a group of Christian mom as good friends is not what God has plans for me right now.   I will say I was thankful that the author did talk about how groups of friends should be open to new people even if they are different than your norm but sadly I have not always found that to be the case at least in the area I live in.  I also was very encouraging on how the authors really encouraged you to stay in your scriptures and keep a bible study going.  I will say that this is an excellent book formost woman but us odd balls it might be more of discouragement as it was for me.  But that is me.  I still highly recommend this book for most people as it can be very encouraging and does make you look at your friendships in a different light.

I was given this book from Moody Publishers for my honest review and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...