Saturday, June 25, 2016

Catch A Star by Tamika Catchings

"Catch A Star" by Tamika Catchings is the life story of Tamika a professional basketball player who was born partial deaf that overcame that to become a top of her field basketball player.  Her story is very interesting all the hard work she did to get to where her career.  Her story of working so hard and to overcome the teasing/bullying from her youth to the basketball giant she became.  This book was so inspiring to me.  To have her even a little of her ambition the early 90's to grow up to be a professional basketball player was powerful.  See when I was on a basketball team in junior high none of the girls I knew even thought about being a professional in basketball so to know she did was amazing.  Her father played in the NBA but she never used to that rest on her own talent and hard work is what brought her to where she is today.  She kept focused even when God put speed bumps in her life.  I highly recommend this book for a very encouraging and uplifting book to read.

I was given this book from Revell a division of Baker Publishing Group for my honest review and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...