Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Buried Secrets by Irene Hannon


"Buried Secrets" by Irene Hannon is a murder mystery novel that is the first book in the Men Of Valor series.  I have read a book before from this author and was excited to read another one by her. She is an excellent mystery author.  This book starts with a death that could change 3 college students lives and instead of reporting it they hide it.  Next we find the body of the victim being found over 20 years later and the danger/trouble that brings. The main characters (outside of the college students) in the story is the new police chief in the small town a former Chicago homicide detective named Lisa Grant and ex-Navy Seal Mac McGregor the detective sent to help.  Yes this is the typical Christian book that has romance mixed with the mystery but this one that portion does not over power the story.  I really liked how the author did not use the typical person for the bad guy (I know not a big word but trying not to give much away). Even the romance portion of the story was not bad and for me that takes a lot to say as I usually can't stand any type of romance in a mystery novel.   This was a fast paced book I literally picked it up today thinking oh I need to start reading this and could not put down.  An hour later I finished with it and wanting to read more from this author.  I highly recommend this book can't wait for the next one in the series.

I received this book from Revell a division of Baker Publishing Group and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...