Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Eden Hill by Bill Higgs


"Eden Hill" by Bill Higgs is a the debut novel of the author.  It takes place in the 1960's in the town of Eden Hill in the state of Kentucky.    It is really a story about a group of people in the little town but mainly focuses on the stories of Virgil T. Osgood, Cornelius Alexander, Reverend Eugene Caudill and the families of Osgood and Alexander.  All the people involved are having to face changes in their lives and how maybe nationwide changes can change them.  This book main story is about how each person faces the obstacles in their lives, from career to family to just everyday life.  It was a fun nostalgic type of book that was just a well written story not romance, not mystery, not thriller just about day to day life.   I will admit it was slow at times but over all I thought it was a well paced novel.  But it was so nice to just read a fun novel with no sex or even violence just a good old fashioned story.  I highly recommend  this book for anyone wanting to read just a good plain story with no agenda.

I was given this book from Tyndale Publishers for my honest review and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...