Sunday, June 12, 2016

Scattering Ashes: A Memoir of Letting Go by Joan Z. Rough

"Scattering Ashes: A Memoir of Letting Go" by Joan Z. Rough is about a daughter coming to terms with her mom dying.  This is not a story of a normal mother and daughter relationship as the authors mother was emotional abusive and an alcoholic.    It was a very interesting read on how the author had to learn to handle taking care of a parent at the end of their life who was abusive even near the end.  This was a very powerful book and very helpful on knowing how there are others out there if you know someone that is emotional abusive and the abuser is at the end of their life or having serious health issues.  She wrote about in one part of the book about trying to get medical people to realize she is telling the truth and her mother is trying to scam them I really understood that as we have seen that with a family member on my husbands side. I could not put it down once I started reading, I will admit it was emotional upsetting at times but worth the read. This was a very powerful book and I highly recommend it.

I was given this book from NetGalley for my honest review and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...