Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Roots & Sky by Christie Purifoy

"Roots & Sky" by Christie Purifoy is a month by month memoir of the authors life in her new home which her family calls Maplehurst.  I really don't know what I was expecting when I decided to read this book.  I am really still not sure what I read at points it seemed like a memoir then at points it was like the author wanted to tell us what she believes but then would back off of doing so.  I got so confused by the way it was written.  I think the section that really stood out to me that this book was not for me was her selection in May on Page 150 when she says that this world is our home.  But when I read Hebrews 13:13-14 I understand to that sections to mean that this world is not our home but we are just passing thru it.  I really just was confused by this book maybe its for someone else but it sure was not for me.

I was given this book from Revell a division of Baker Publishing Group for my honest review and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...