Monday, June 13, 2016

Chronicle of a Last Summer by Yasmine El Rashidi


"Chronicle Of A Last Summer" by Yasmine El Rashidi is a fiction story about a young girl growing up in Cairo during the summer.  It is broke up into three different sections one when she is a child, one when she is a teen and the final section is when she is an adult.  This is such a well written little book that I kept forgetting that I was not reading an actual memoir but a fiction novel.  Even though I have never been to Egypt I could picture a lot of what the author wrote.  It was such a sweet book from the viewpoint of young girl to when she is an adult woman.  Her love of her family is so featured in this book and makes it very personable. The only negative I would say is the cover really did not capture the wonderfulness in the book itself.  I just can't say how much more I would recommend this book.

I was given this book from Blogging For Books for my honest review and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...