Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Rising Darkness by Nancy Mehl


"Rising Darkness" by Nancy Mehl is the third book in the Finding Sanctuary series.  This is a book series where you can read the books in no particular order as they are standalone books.  This is the 2nd book of the series   I will admit there were a couple characters that I recognized from the second book in the series but you did not need to know their history for this book.  I have read and this book confirmed to me that I have finally found a good Christian mystery writer.  Nancy Mehl is a very talented author that only uses romance as small part of the story which is very nice as I like to read mysteries for the mystery not the romance story.  This one is about a former Mennonite named Sophie Wittenbauer trying to make her name for herself as a newspaper writer while trying solve an unsolved crime while at the same time trying to keep her past hidden.  She is trying to find if one of the people who did the crime is hiding in the sleepy (well no so sleepy) town of Sanctuary, Missouri.  It is a fast paced novel where the main characters have a well developed story line.   This was an excellent book and highly recommend it.

I was given this book from Bethany House Publishers and was not required to make a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...