Monday, November 30, 2015

Forgiven by Terri Roberts


"Forgiven: The Amish School Shooting, a Mother’s Love, and a Story of Remarkable Grace" by Terri Roberts is about forgiveness from the mother not of a victim but of the shooter.  This book is very powerful about forgiveness.  The author is the mother of shooter from the 2006 Amish school shooting.  In the first part she talks about meeting her husband and then her children.  Then in second portion she talks about her and the families heartbreak that her son Charles went on a rampage.   While most of the world would ostracize his family she finds that the Amish community comes to them with unconditional forgiveness.  She admits at first it was hard to understand but now she shares the forgiveness she has learned from them with others.  She shares of pain and questions from what her son did.   It is a very powerful book and it is great book to read on forgiveness.  I highly recommend it.

I was given this book from Bethany House Publishers and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...