Monday, November 30, 2015

The Christmas Joy Ride by Melody Carlson


"The Christmas Joy Ride" by Melody Carlson is a quick little book about a woman joining her elderly neighbor spread Christmas joy with others that won a contest.  Joy loves Christmas even though she is in her eighties runs a contest on her website and is planning on driving her Christmas decked RV to spread Christmas to others.  Her neighbor Miranda who is going through a very rough patch in her life thinks her neighbor is little crazy doing this at her age but decides to join her.  Normally I am not one for sweet stories but this one I really enjoyed.  I just loved how the author just didn't quickly go over each winner's story and why Joy picked them which could have done since this book is not that long.  The details in this quick book are what makes it a powerful and beautifully written book.  It was such an uplifting book and I really needed that when I was reading it.  A great reminder that Christmas is not about stuff but people.  I highly recommend this fun Christmas themed book.

I was given this book from Revell publishing and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...