Thursday, August 21, 2014

The Midwife by Jolina Petersheim

"The Midwife" by Jolina Petersheim is a powerful book.  Its about a young woman named Beth on how she had given up one baby then became a surrogate for a couple and takes off to save the baby she is carrying.  Then it takes place in the present where she is the head midwife of Mennonite home for young pregnant woman.  In this home she finds her past and present end up getting mixed up together.  I don't want to give anymore away but I will say this is a very powerful book.  It deals with so many different issues but the one that stands out to me is one we are starting to see more and more lately of surrogates being asked to abort the baby they are carrying cause of what and ultrasound shows.  I will admit the first few chapters of this book were hard to get into I almost stopped reading it but decided to keep reading and I am so glad I did.  Very powerful and a good fiction novel to read.  I am glad this book was on the Tyndale Summer Reading program this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...