Saturday, June 28, 2014

"Truth Be Told" By Carol Cox


"Truth Be Told" by Carol Cox is about a young woman Amelia Wagner taking over father's newspaper after his death.  As you can tell from the cover it takes place in 1893 in Granite Springs, Arizona.  What Amelia does not know is that her dad has opened a huge can of worms by telling the truth about by a company called Great Western.  A Great Western employee named by Benjamin Stone is told by the company to keep tabs on her.

This first part of this book was very slow for me.  I did enjoy the back ground finding out her mom lives in Denver as she hated living in Arizona.  Which does play into the story as Amelia's mom gets married right after her husband dies.  We find out that Amelia is actually in danger and Ben will have to choose to help her or stay company loyal. The book did pick about half way thru when Amelia's step dad shows up in Arizona. We find out he is connected to all that his happening in Arizona.  When the book did pick I really did enjoy it, so I will recommend it to be read.

I was given this book by Bethany House for my review and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...