"Atlas Girl" by Emily T. Wierenga


"Atlas Girl, Finding Home In the Last Place I Thought To Look" by Emily T. Wierenga is a memoir of the author's life.  The author gives a very detailed memoir of her life from her childhood all the way to her married life.  The author writes about her struggle with her faith and anorexia.  I was impressed on how well, in words, she was able to write her feelings of what has happened in life to the point I almost forgot I was reading a non-fiction book.  She finds the help she has always need help caring for her mom as her mom has a brain tumor.  All good until the point I am going to talk about now. The main reason I am on the fence of recommending this book.  In the chapter she goes into detail about her honeymoon not the so much the location but what happened that night.  I am sorry but I don't need to read her details about it.  Call me a prude but I don't care I just don't want to read that. From that point on I had a hard time reading the book.  So no recommendation from me.

I was given this book from Revell a division of Baker Publishing for my honest review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Treasures in Dark Places by Leanna Cinquanta

What is Reformed Theology by R.C. Sproul

The Ebb Tide by Beverly Lewis