Wednesday, July 2, 2014

"Atlas Girl" by Emily T. Wierenga


"Atlas Girl, Finding Home In the Last Place I Thought To Look" by Emily T. Wierenga is a memoir of the author's life.  The author gives a very detailed memoir of her life from her childhood all the way to her married life.  The author writes about her struggle with her faith and anorexia.  I was impressed on how well, in words, she was able to write her feelings of what has happened in life to the point I almost forgot I was reading a non-fiction book.  She finds the help she has always need help caring for her mom as her mom has a brain tumor.  All good until the point I am going to talk about now. The main reason I am on the fence of recommending this book.  In the chapter she goes into detail about her honeymoon not the so much the location but what happened that night.  I am sorry but I don't need to read her details about it.  Call me a prude but I don't care I just don't want to read that. From that point on I had a hard time reading the book.  So no recommendation from me.

I was given this book from Revell a division of Baker Publishing for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...