Monday, June 2, 2014

A Woman Of Fortune by Kellie Coates Gilbert



A Woman Of Fortune by Kellie Coates Gilbert is a modern Christian novel.  Our main character in this story is a very rich woman named Claire Massey.  She has been living the dream of a very very rich woman but we start out finding out that her husband has embezzled lots of money so they lose everything.   She must decide how she is going to take this news for herself and her family.

First of all was not sure if I would enjoy this book but I could not put it down.  I really did enjoy the story of how Claire has to learn money and status will not make her happy even though that is what her mother thinks.  Also we see what happens to her daughter and sons through this family crisis of the father being arrested and put in jail.  I don't want to give away much to the story but it is a very good and truthful story.  Now I did have one spot I was a little uncomfortable with and that was her dating with her husband in jail.  To me even if your spouse is in jail/prison they are still your spouse so you should not cheat on them. Even with that part I do recommend this book.

I was given this book from Revel Publishing a division of Baker Publishing Group and was not required to give a positive review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...