Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Part one on the blessing of the elderly in our lives and world.

This post will be part 1 of a series I decided to write on the importance of the elderly in our lives and world.

I have been thinking lately how sad it is that older woman now days don't always mentor the young woman around them.  What really got me thinking was 2 elderly woman (one I knew personally and one I only knew through a book her Granddaughter wrote) passed away in the last few weeks.  The lady I knew from Church was such a blessing no matter how she was feeling she would encourage people of all ages, I looked forward to seeing her at church.  She left this earth at the young age of 95 (yes I said young cause her attitude was young).  Now the lady I did not know personally impacted me by reading her story (you can read my review of her story  here ), her faith and strength through everything she went through really encouraged me and yet again I will highly recommend her story in the book The Waiting.  I think its sad on how many woman who need someone to come around them and mentor them but no-one will or they are not open to it.  I have craved having an older Christian woman mentor but when I have tried most think I have it all together (trust me I don't) or I have tried to help other woman but I am brushed off as I am too different from them.  We need to humble ourselves as Christian woman and be willing to ask for mentor or be a mentor no matter your age there is a woman younger than you. Women are you open to be helped or to help others?  Remember these scriptures pertaining to older women.

Titus 2:3-10 3Older women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They are to teach what is good, 4and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, 5to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled. 6Likewise, urge the younger men to be self-controlled. 7Show yourself in all respects to be a model of good works, and in your teaching show integrity, dignity, 8and sound speech that cannot be condemned, so that an opponent may be put to shame, having nothing evil to say about us. 9Bondservantsb are to be submissive to their own masters in everything; they are to be well-pleasing, not argumentative, 10not pilfering, but showing all good faith, so that in everything they may adorn the doctrine of God our Savior. (Copied from the ESV Version of the Bible)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on my hubby

27 years ago was the summer before my senior year in high school and I went for a walk that would change my life forever.  I just wanted to ...